Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ice cold ide.

Popped to Eliburn again today to spend a few hours of quality time with my girlfriend, and trusted ghillie, Lillian. The venue was almost completely frozen over and this meant my choice of peg was limited to one of two. The fishing was slow to say the least. Waiting for my float to show some sign of life in the icy water we had a bite to eat and so did one of the local robins. 

The bottom end of the reservoir was frozen over.
Not shy at all, quite brazen in fact.
Little cheeky bugger enjoying the all you can eat maggot buffet.
 
It was a good two hours before my first bite, the float shot under and slid off away from me. Picking up my rod I felt the weight if a decent fish and Lillian got the net ready. Not much of a fight though and the fish was soon on the unhooking mat and photographed before being released again.

My first ide of the year and in good condition.
Blank avoided. Happy days.
A brief moment to recover.
Off it went and headed under the sheet of ice.

I hoped there would perhaps be a few more of them around as they normally cruise around in shoals but it would prove to be the only action of the session and after another hour or so I packed up and we headed home.

Well another very slow session on Eliburn but watching the robin was quite amusing and I avoided a blank so I can't complain too much. I also have plenty of maggots left so may try and get out again for another spot of coarse fishing over the next few days.

Tight lines, Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment