Thursday, February 06, 2014

Most Wanted : Lanzarote.

With a week long holiday booked on the Spanish island of Lanzarote in May it goes without saying that some fishing gear will be going with me. I'm looking forward to a spot of foreign species hunting and I've been having a look at what weird and wonderful species I can hope to catch from the warm waters of the Eastern Atlantic that surrounds the island. As well as some of the fish I learned about and caught from the Mediteranean Sea last year being resident, there are other interesting species too. Here is a trio that have caught my eye that I'd really love to catch.

Barred Hogfish

A very colourful member of the wrasse family. Did I mention I love wrasse? Would be rude not to try and catch some new ones whilst there!

Swallowtail Seaperch

Another very colourful species with quite a large mouth. A rather cool name too. I'd love to catch one!

Macronesian Sharpnose Puffer

Pufferfish are pretty cool. I know these can be caught off the rocks at the back of Puerto del Carmen harbour so will be having a go for them.

Picking three from such a wide variety of species was quite hard and regardless of what I end up catching I'm sure I'll have a great time. I'm really looking forward to fishing somewhere new again and whilst it's a family holiday and short fun sessions will be the name of the game I have set myself the little challenge of catching twenty five species whilst there including ten new ones.

Tight lines, Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment